Table of contents
Looking for a new podcast? If you’re looking to learn more about data science, or keep up with the latest trends and research, there’s thankfully no shortage of great data science podcasts to choose from.
From accessible, real-world topics to deep dives into the most technical aspects of data science to interviews with industry experts, these nine data science podcasts are all worthwhile listens to add to your playlist for data scientists, data analysts, or data enthusiasts alike.
Data Science Podcasts:
1. Practical AI
Hosted by Chris Benson and Daniel Whitenack, the Practical AI podcast focuses on breaking down artificial intelligence and data science topics into something more generally accessible. However, the content is still detailed and informed enough to be an intriguing listen even for those with strong AI, data science, or deep learning backgrounds.
Length: 35-45 minutes
Frequency: Every week
- Eureka moments with natural language processing
- Federated learning
- Balancing human intelligence with AI
- Vector databases for machine learning
2. Data Science at Home
Data Science at Home is a podcast discussing a wide range of trends and topics in data science, algorithms, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Its host, Dr. Francesco Gadaleta, takes on topics solo or interviews industry leaders like IBM Strategist Mara Pometti, Fetch AI CTO Jonathan Ward, Andy Grove, and more.
Length: 15-45 minutes
- True machine Intelligence just like the human brain
- A simple trick for very unbalanced data
- Reinforcement learning is all you need. Or is it?
- MLOps: the good, the bad and the ugly
3. Towards Data Science
Towards Data Science is an online journal and weekly podcast on programming, machine learning, and data science with a large community of authors. It was founded as an online space for data scientists to share concepts, ideas, and code for knowledge and community building.
Length: 45 minutes
- Are knowledge graphs AI’s next big thing?
- The Present and Future of AI Regulation
- Peering into Neural Nets for AI Safety
- AI Safety and the Scaling Hypothesis
4. O’Reilly Data Show Podcast
Hosted by online technology learning platform O’Reilly, the O’Relly Data Show Podcast examines conversations and approaches driving data science, AI, and big data. Topics include data stories, neural networks, machine learning, data acquisition, and more.
Length: 45+ minutes
- Machine learning for operational analytics and business intelligence
- Labeling, transforming, and structuring training data sets for machine learning
- Enabling end-to-end machine learning pipelines in real-world applications
- Why companies are in need of data lineage solutions
5. Data Skeptic
Hosted by Kyle Polich, the Data Skeptic Podcast applies critical thinking and the scientific method to evaluate trending topics across data science, AI, statistics, machine learning, and more. The podcast also includes informative interviews with data science professors around the world.
Length: 24-40 minutes
- Long Term Time Series Forecasting
- Change Point Detection in Continuous Integration Systems
- Detecting Ransomware
- Translation Automation
The Talking Machines podcast is hosted by Director of Machine Learning at Amazon Research Cambridge Neil Lawerence and Public Radio Producer Katerine Gorman. Together, the two discuss current data science topics and industry news with experts in the field.
Length: 20-45 minutes
- Gods and Robots
- Responsibility, Risk, and Publishing
- ICML 2021: Test of Time(ly) Award
- The Evolution of ML and Furry Little Animals
7. Data Science Imposters
In the Data Science Imposters podcast, technologist Antonio and engineer Jordy discuss timely topics related to data science, AI, and machine learning with real-world applications and interesting anecdotes.
Length: 35-45 minutes
- Math in Data Science with Professor Margot Gerritsen
- Discovering interesting rules: Association Rule Learning
- How Emerging Data Scientists Can path Creative Careers (And How Employers Can Help Get Them There)
- Is Feature Engineering a low hanging fruit?
8. Not So Standard Deviations
Hosts Roger Peng, from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, and Hilary Parker, formerly of fashion company Stitch Fix, discuss data science and data analysis trends in academia and industry in the Not So Standard Deviations podcast.
Length: 1 hour
9. Banana Data Podcast
The Banana Data Podcast, hosted by Christopher Peter Makris and Corey Strausman, discusses the latest trends, news, and conversations surrounding all things data science. The pair also have a weekly newsletter.
Length: 20-35 minutes
- Ethical Implications of Humanizing Your Data
- Floor to Ceiling Data Strategy
- Data Visualization with Nathan Mannheimer, Director of Data Science and ML at Tableau
- Create Technological Emotional Bonds with Creative Intelligence
Listen to the entire playlist on Spotify: