The field of Artificial Intelligence, or AI, is extremely vast, with applications ranging from the minutely technical to the broadly commercial. AI research is also moving quickly, bringing with it conversations about best practices, ethics, implications, and cross-industry intersectionality.
It’s no wonder then that AI topics are hugely popular across blogs, podcasts, and videos alike. In this post, our deep learning team has rounded up our favorite podcasts about AI. For each podcast discussed, you’ll find a description, the average episode length, frequency, and some of our favorite episodes.
At the end of the post, you’ll also find a link to play the entire playlist of our top episodes on AssemblyAI’s Spotify page.
Podcasts About AI:
1. Lex Fridman Podcast
Hosted by MIT AI Researcher and online personality Lex Fridman, the Lex Fridman Podcast covers AI topics related to science, technology, philosophy, history, and more. Episodes include interviews with other top names in the field as well as discussions of current events and popular or controversial AI applications.
Length: 1.5 to 3.5 hours
- #222: Jay McClelland: Neural Networks and the Emergence of Cognition
- #148: Charles Isbell and Michael Littman: Machine Learning and Education
- #111: Richard Karp: Algorithms and Computational Complexity
- #108: Sergey Levine: Robotics and Machine Learning
2. TWIML AI
The TWIML AI podcast, hosted by AI thought and industry leader Sam Charrington, came about as a way to amplify the voices of a diverse range of AI and machine learning researchers and innovators. In addition to the podcast, TWIML hosts a large AI community with meetups, conferences, and AI-related educational content.
Length: 45 minutes
- AI’s Legal and Ethical Implications with Sandra Wachter
- Advancing Deep Reinforcement Learning with NetHack, w/ Tim Rocktäschel
- Modeling Human Cognition with RNNs and Curriculum Learning, w/ Kanaka Rajan
- Compositional ML and the Future of Software Development with Dillon Erb
3. Analytics Power Hour
The Analytics Power Hour podcast is hosted by three industry experts: Moe Kiss, Tim Wilson, and Michael Helbling. The trio modeled the podcast after engaging discussions they had at AI and analytics conferences with each topic including a closed topic and open forum. Occasional guest analysts also make appearances.
Length: 60 minutes
- #137: Data Science + Words: An NLP Meet Cute for Analysts with Dr. Joe Sutherland
- #104: Getting the Data Collection Right with Adam Greco
- #107: Bringing Data Science to the Enterprise with Dr. Katie Sasso
- #160: Data Reliability and Observability with Barr Moses
4. The AI Podcast
Hosted by journalist Noah Kravitz, the AI Podcast examines the impact AI has in our everyday lives. To do this, Kravitz interviews leading experts in the field of AI, diving into how AI, machine learning, and deep learning work, how the field is evolving, and societal implications.
Length: 30 minutes
- NVIDIA’s Liila Torabi Talks the New Era of Robotics Through Isaac SIm
- Getting Clever with Kaolin: Researchers Accelerate 3D Deep Learning with New Tools
- HP’s Jared Dame on How AI, Data Science Driving Demand for Powerful New Workstations
- Startup Uses Deep Learning to Understand Voice
5. AI Today
Produced by market intelligence and education firm Cognilytica, the AI Today podcast explores topics related to artificial intelligence, machine learning, cognitive technologies, and big data analytics. The podcast discusses accessible applications of AI as well as business implications of current technology.
Length: 30-60 minutes
- AI Failure Series- Data Quality Issues
- AI Education Series: Best Practices & Methodologies for Successful AI Implementation
- AI Education Series: Foundations of Data Science
- Revisiting Worldwide Laws and Regulation around Data and AI
6. Eye on AI
This biweekly podcast looks at the fast-moving world of artificial intelligence by examining current news stories, recent search, and new data. In addition to its podcast, Eye on AI also publishes a blog, weekly newsletter, and aggregated current event coverage.
Length: 30-45 minutes
- A National AI Research Resource
- IP Protection for AI
- Synthetic Data
- Programmatic labeling with Alex Ratner of Snorkel AI
7. Brain Inspired
Brain Inspired, hosted by a former neuroscientist, looks at how the fields of artificial intelligence and neuroscience work together to make greater strides in research. Topics are technical and complex, aimed towards those with a solid understanding in the fields of AI, deep learning, and machine learning. Recent episodes have discussed computational neuroscience, unsupervised learning, data science, neural networks, neuroengineering, and more.
Length: 60-90 minutes
- Empirical Neural Networks
- NLP and Generative Models Panel
- What Ideas are Holding Us Back?
- Deep Learning Theory
8. The Pulse of AI
The Pulse of AI podcast features interviews with AI thought leaders, policy makers and leading scientists as host Jason Stoughton looks at today’s hot button AI topics. Podcasts lean toward a business perspective, though a strong foundation in AI concepts is still needed.
Length: 20-45 minutes
- Talking about NLP and Primers Latest Products with Sean Gourley, CEO and Founder of Primer
- Snorkel AI: Building the First Truly Data-Centric AI platform
- Understanding and Combating AI Powered Disinformation
- The Significant Impact of No Code
The Ask AI podcast is hosted by a Canadian non-profit dedicated to fostering an online community for students, policy makers, professionals, and the general public interested in artificial intelligence topics.
Length: 30 minutes
- Can artificial intelligence simplify complex jargon?
- How is a Data Fabric used to accelerate AI/ML projects?
- How do you make AI we can count on?
- How can AI help us talk to business data?
9. The Robot Brains
The Robot Brains podcast, hosted by renowned AI researcher and professor Pieter Abbeel, features interviews with industry experts as they explore the push toward conscious computers and mindful machines.
Length: 45-60 minutes
- AI Data’s Diversity Problem
- Revolutionizing AI for the Real World
- How to Build Human-Centric AI
- Building Brains for Robots in the Real World
Listen to the entire AI Podcasts playlist on Spotify: