Many of our customers have been making use of our advanced PII Detection & Redaction Feature, which can detect over 20 types of PII like credit card numbers, names, and dates of birth. Over the past few months, we've heard from many customers that operate products in industries where they need to ensure that private medical information remains confidential as well.
That's why today we are excited to release 5 new medical redaction policies to our PII Detection & Redaction Feature policies. These new policies are:
- "medical_process" - Medical process, including treatments, procedures and test. E.g., "heart surgery", "CT scan."
- "medical_condition" - A medical condition. Includes diseases, syndromes, deficits, disorders. E.g., chronic fatigue syndrome, arrhythmia, depression.
- "blood_type" - A person's blood type.
- "drug" - Medical drug, including vitamins and minerals. E.g., Advil, Acetaminophen, Panadol.
- "injury" - Human injury, e.q., I broke my arm, I have a sprained wrist. Includes mutations, miscarriages and disclocations.
For example, this is the redacted transcription for the below audio file:
Using these new medical redaction policies is very simple! Here's how you'd transcribe an audio file with these new redaction policies enabled in Python:
For more information, check out the PII Detection & Redaction Documentation, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!